Sunday, July 16, 2023

Thanksgiving Tulips

Thanksgiving Point!  When we splurged on a membership back in November, I knew I had to make it back for the Tulip Festival.  Even though the festival was delayed because of the heavy snow fall, once the flowers arrived, they were spectacular!

I made it there twice.  The first time it was just Annika and myself.  Still early in the season, the daffodils shone.


Annie was also enthralled by the koi fish and the lone duck.


Working on her chess skills.

This year the festival included a cute Dutch theme with windmills and wooden shoes.


More pictures of my cute girl.  Time is a funny thing--it's scarcity is what makes it valuable.  Knowing that we nearly ran out makes the hours we spend together even more special.



Next adventure: the Museum of Natural Curiosity.  Glad to see proof that her little heart is beating strong.

Future vet in training.


Both Eli and Annika joined me when we went back a couple weeks later.  This time the tulips were extraordinary.  You'll have to forgive my photo indulgence.  I took waaaaaaay too many pictures.



Handsome, kind, and growing.


Silly, sweet, and curious.




I think this tree resembles a frog.


The koi fish were just as active as last time, swimming all over each other if you promised a nibble.


Tulips in the Secret Garden.  Jason and I are particularly fond of tulips as our wedding flower.


Um, Annika, whatever you found in the water, please don't eat it!



Annika took it upon herself to try and pollinate these flowers with her fingers.


If there are new varieties next year, we will know why.


Contemplative.


Our perfect evening culminated with a rainbow.



Happiness and joy, all within reach.

No comments: