As originally coined by Miss Dorothy in the Land of Oz, there’s no place like home! After a wonderful two and a half weeks traveling all around this beautiful country of ours, I am so glad to be back in our peaceful little townhouse in
Beginning backwards (kind of an oxymoron, don’t you think?), the trip home from
All things considered, however,
Happy car passenger as she might be, I don’t recommend taking
Well, enough of about our travel fiascos. The truth is that the happy moments far out-numbered the traumatic ones--they’re just not nearly as interesting to write about. Here were some of my favorite parts of the trip:
· Going camping with Grandma Susie and Grandpa Charles up by
· Taking a trip with Susie to visit the dinosaur park in
· Visiting Brad, Eliza, Jane, and Bruce in
· Going on a real date to see “Man of La Mancha” at the Eccles theater. The production was tremendous. Cheesy as it sounds, it truly inspired me to have the courage to pursue my own impossible dreams. (Remind me of that in a few months when I’m in graduate school with a toddler and a newborn.)
· Attending the
· Going on morning walks with Susie and picking yummy green beans from the garden.
· Spending two wonderful days in
As you can see, we truly did have a wonderful vacation. Yet as grateful as I am for all of the wonderful memories, it’s still good to be home.
Here's Brooklyn bonding with the gorilla after enjoying a gyro at Omaha's "King Kong" Restaurant.
Aren't carousels fun? This picture was taken at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo.
Brooklyn and Grandpa Charles both thought that breakfast was the best part of camping.
Finally, here's a multi-generational picture taken with great-grandma and grandpa Hansen.