Thursday, July 13, 2023

Baby Animal Days

Buckle up, world.  I am feeling determined to get caught up on this blog.

April 8th, 2023--Alesia comes to visit!  After having her initial trip derailed because of COVID (boo), my cousin flew all the way from Northport, Long Island to spend time with us.  As you can see, everyone was delighted to see her.  Here's Eila running to greet her at This is the Place.


We met up with the Wilhoits for the park's Baby Animal Days.  With miniature cows to pet, Callie was immediately sold.

Cousin Ruby joined us as well.  

Did you ever wannabe a wallabee?


With so many exotic animals, Salt Lake is turning out to be more interesting than Alesia expected.

Meet the capybara, co-star of Encanto.

I can't remember the name of this cute creature, but I remember that it was naughty.  It stole a honey stick from the keeper's back pocket and then started sprinting in circles as fast as it could so that the keeper wouldn't take it back.


Back at the barn, the animals were more customary--goats, sheep, rabbits, horses, and such.

The real stars, however, were the hundreds of baby chicks that you could pet and hold.


Believe it or not, Annika discovered a three-legged chick.  I guess we should have taken a picture before the employee separated it from the group.

Tres amiguitas.

Scales and Tails was at the park with all their crawly creatures as well.  Here are Eli and Annika checking out the bearded dragons.

Tarantula, anyone?

I'm not sure how I feel about having two snakes draped around my daughter's neck, especially since I think one is a python.


I know how I feel about this one.  The tip of the tail sliding over the cheek definitely creeps me out.  I think I prefer the tarantula.

But look!  The tiny tortoise is adorable!  If they didn't live for decades, I could totally get behind one of those as a pet.


Of course, nothing is quite as adorable as our tiger cub Anders.  Grrrr!


Before leaving, we may have gotten into mischief and purchased a box...


...with chicks!
Stay tuned for the most adorable Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby animals are so adorable. Usually cuteness is their best defense. However, snakes of any age, or size, are NOT pleasant to be around in my view. So glad Alesia had this time with all of you!