Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Entering the World of Boy

This past week has been an initiation into the world of "boy." While folding laundry yesterday, I counted thirteen different baby outfits that had already been washed, not to mention the three dirty ones that were awaiting the next load. I thought that was pretty impressive for a 5 day-old, particularly considering that the first two days he wore the same shirt in the hospital. Every time Eli tinkles, it somehow shoots right out--it seems pointless to even put on a diaper. Of course, considering yesterday's circumcision, I think he is fully justified in seeking revenge on whomever/whatever he can...

6 comments:

VšĮ Kultūrinių mainų slėnis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kes LT said...

Circumcision???!!!..

Kara said...

Kes,
I can completely understand your shock at poor Eli's circumcision. I thought I'd at least offer an explanation (albeit, not a good justification.) Circumcision rates in the United States are much higher than most other places in the world, hovering around 85%. While both Jason and I consider the practice to be medically unnecessary (not to mention rather barbaric), it also seems hard to explain to a little boy why he's different from his Dad and most of his boy friends. This was a difficult decision for us that I ultimately left up to Jason--I consider it male domain. While Eli's handled the "procedure" just fine, we still aren't thrilled with the entire idea.... hopefully he'll forgive us someday.

Tanja said...

I guess - if it needs to be done than it is better to do it this early in life - my nephew had problems and he was already 10 or 11 years old and it was hard on him then (with pain and high fever).

Erin said...

You probably know this already, but just in case, you have to point his *member* down when you are putting on a fresh diaper.

Aislin said...

I think circumcision is a hygiene issue. Fewer infections, etc. But wow, the whole things makes me uncomfortable...