Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Belly Shots

I have fourteen minutes to pop out a baby if I'm going to make the 09/09/09 deadline. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen. As a consolation prize, I thought I'd post a few embarrassing belly shots. Jason has officially termed my enormous gut "absurd." I didn't fully understand what he meant until I saw myself in the full length mirror today at the gym while walking on the treadmill. My jaw seriously dropped in astonishment. My stomach doesn't even look like a part of me. I wondered, "Is that thing for real?" and thought, "No wonder my back hurts!" Here's hoping this baby comes soon!

This photo was taken seven weeks ago, yet I'm already huge.

Talia gives Jasper a kiss. You can't see the T-shirt, but it says "Psst. Let's have some chocolate." Maybe I heeded this advice a little too well. :)

These ones are horrid! It's a sad day when you outgrow your maternity clothes!


My favorite kind of maternity shot--belly-free! :)

4 comments:

Julie L said...

Ahh, Kara, I think those shots are beautiful. I wouldn't let anyone get near me with a camera at the end of my pregnancies - mostly because I never did find a maternity outfit that still fit at nine months. Now I regret it. Is "Jasper" official?

Erin said...

I feel your pain. I still have 10 weeks to go and am wondering what to do for clothes since my maternity stuff is getting tighter. I think I'll be in sack dresses til the end.

When we moved into our last apartment, I was 7 months pregnant with Scott. About a year after he was born, one of our neighbors was congratulating me on my phenomenal weight loss (around 45 lbs) and telling me how good I looked. I realized she had never seen the "normal" me until then. HA!

Kristin said...

Oh, you poor girl. I so feel for you and the discomfort of the huge belly. Those of us with short torsos have nowhere to go but out.

Honestly though, you look great. I think a woman's face shows more of how pregnancy wears on her than her belly, and yours is glowing.

Chou said...

You're gorgeous Kara, no matter how you feel. :)