Thursday, September 10, 2009

Farewell to Summer

September is a bitter-sweet month for me. I love the beginning of fall, but it's always a bit sad to see summer go. In commemoration of the passing season, here are a few photos of our July visit to Omaha that I recently grabbed off of my Mom's camera.

Loving the slip 'n slide in my parent's backyard. I was kind of jealous that Jason got to have all the fun. :)



Trekking across Omaha's new pedestrian bridge that crosses the Missouri.

Beating the blistering heat by playing in the sprinklers.


Riding the "Skyfari" at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.


Chilling on the carousel. It's strange to be back in the States where it's required to ride on the platform with your child, since in France it's forbidden.
Talia seems to enjoy this ride as much as her carousel horse.

Dressing up in Nauvoo, Illinois on the way back home. What fun!


Affectionate hugs for some stony parents...


And last but not least, you know you're home when...

There's nothing like corn, sweet corn. :)

3 comments:

Ivy said...

those last two shots look like home to me, too.

Bruce Richards said...

Wow! Jason looks ready for a triathlon in his French swimsuit!

Jason said...

Aachh! I cannot believe you posted those...

And the sweet corn just might be feed corn, but don't worry. I won't tell if you don't. :)