Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Couple of Chuckles

While taking Brooklyn to swim lessons yesterday, one of the other Moms asked me when I was due... I didn't know what to say, so I smiled and introduced the baby in the carrier next to me. I think she was even more embarrassed than I was.
***********************************************************
On Saturday night we had a celebratory dinner at Applebees.* When Eli got fussy, Brooklyn announced, "Mom, you need to nurse." She then proceeded to turn to the booth behind us and loudly proclaim, "I have a new baby brother, and he's nursing real milk right now."

* By the way, thanks to its macaroni and cheese, Applebees happens to be Brooklyn's favorite restaurant. Jason took her on a Daddy-daughter date there more than two years ago, yet she still remembers it. While in France, she would call it "Pomme-Abeilles"--a literal translation from English.

5 comments:

Chou said...

Belly laughs, actually.

Mandi said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that question right after having a baby. :) I got it in the hospital the day after I had Marie. It was kinda funny. Marie was under the lights at the time. Arnold did all the talking since I didn't understand but how do you explain that?

Julie L said...

SO FUNNY!!!!! You're a wonderful mother. Thanks for laughing. It always took me two years to get over looking like I was pregnant. (Unfortunately, by then it was obviously just fat for me. Working on that. Still.)

Susie said...

Thanks for sharing! We enjoyed the humor of it all along with you! It's great you keep a record of all these fun memorable moments.

Megan Ficek said...

I think Brooklyn's awesome. I read once that when you see picture books or when people talk to kids about feeding a baby, it's always with a bottle. They don't know about breastfeeding. Brooklyn's informed, and she's helping to change the world view! Does she breastfeed her baby dolls in public, too?