Friday, November 19, 2021

October Power Post

Power post!  Here are some glimpses from our family's October, in no particular order.

I love living close to the Capitol.  I enjoy driving by this physical representation of our nation's democracy on a regular basis, especially when the sky is so beautiful.

I also love living close to the foothills.  

Annika's Brownie Girl Scout Troop earned their hiking badge in the foothills while exploring the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.  Here she is pictured with her friends, Lilly and Violet.


Speaking of pretty places, we spent a lovely afternoon at Red Butte Gardens with Grandma Susie.


They were busy getting ready for their upcoming BooTanical Garden Celebration.  The Hansel and Gretel scene was our favorite.



The pond is so pretty this time of year.



I couldn't afford this beautiful artwork, but maybe some day one of the artists in our family will paint me something similar.

On a canine note, we got to do some petsitting for these adorable little dogs in October.  All was well until one of them slipped out of his harness and bolted away in the pitch black.  Fortunately the puppy sprinted around the block and came right back to the front door.

Brooklyn was one of four singers from West High to participate in All State Choir.  You can see her in the front row with the red dress.  She was easy to spot because she was one of the only ones wearing a mask.

The choir sounded magnificent!  I'm so glad she had the chance to sing with them.


More music with her school choir.  Brooklyn really enjoys singing in A'cappella with Ms. Hernandez.


This October we tried to slip away to enjoy the autumn colors whenever we could.  Annika and Eli came with me for a long drive through the Alpine Loop.


Golden aspens are my favorite!



Just know that this drive is NOT for the faint of heart.  During the peak of leaf peeping, this narrow winding road is thick with traffic the entire way.  I never would have dared when we first moved to Utah, but I've grown more accustomed to the feeling of falling off the mountain....

Back at home, we are overrun with critters.  Annika's lizards appear in the most unlikely places.

Meanwhile Talia's creations sprout tentacles and double as props for school projects.


This sad little blob is Eli the day after his second Covid shot.  Poor guy was NOT feeling well for a day.  Annika made a dinosaur and a card to help him feel better.

Fall colors around town.  I can't get enough of them.  Even now, if I spot a sidewalk covered with leaves, I will go out of my way just to crunch through them.




Annika playing soccer with the Salt Lake Rec Center.  Theirs was a short season (eight games, zero practices), but she really enjoyed it, especially when they let her play goalie.


Last and perhaps most importantly, reading stories at night with Dad.  Jason is impossibly busy, but always makes time to read with his kids.

We love you, Peanut Butter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another fun post. I like all photos, but Talia’s knitted Octopus is really inspiring. I like how it is used as a prop to support the fabulous “soul of an octopus” book report.