Friday, April 03, 2009

April Fools!

The April Fools spirit has struck our home. It began when Talia left an unspeakable "present" in the bathtub, right while I was in the process of washing Brooklyn's hair. Ewww! Brooklyn, however, got her revenge when we took an hour and a half bus ride to see the medieval town of Cremieu. Two minutes before we made it to our destination, her tummy decided that it had enough. Nothing like tossing your cookies on public transport... Finally, after two and a half months of intermittent striking, my students finally managed to shut down the entire school. I arrived to teach class yesterday, only to find the entrance blocked by a literal barricade (and a grumpy security guard). Were it not for the security guard, I probably would have climbed on top, waved a flag, and started belting out a medley from Les Miserables.

After many years of naughty April Fools pranks, I guess this year the joke is on me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, and thank Brooklyn for keeping her vomit on your side of the hemisphere. However, I think the real April Fools are meeting in the G20 World Leader Summit this week. Let's hope their efforts to tackle the global financial crisis move from foolish to wise very quickly.

Summer said...

If ever I need a laugh I read your blog, if ever I need to be enlightened I read your blog, if ever I needed a witty comment...I read your blog. Thanks again. Keep blogging and congrats on baby #3.