Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Sisterly Hiking Adventures

All right, I'm just going to say it.  I LOVE living in the same city as my sister.  I never imagined that we'd be able to take off in the middle of the day and explore the world together!  This semester my schedule is pretty flexible.  I work Mondays and have in-person class on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  On Fridays our kids get out of school early, but Tuesday.  Tuesday is my favorite day.  On Tuesdays we hike.  (At least sometimes.)

Here we are hiking up Millcreek Canyon.


It must be a lucky day: four-leaf clovers!


Next up: Lakes Mary, Martha, and Catherine.  Brighton Ski Resort looks so different in the summer!





Eager for even more of a challenge, we pushed on towards Sunset Peak.


If the vistas weren't enough, the squirrels were as cute as Phat Gus.

Our hike up to Clayton's Peak was particularly memorable.  Callie and I hiked with a couple of my neighbor friends (Melanie and Rachel) through the most gorgeous aspen groves to get there!


The colors hardly seemed real, but Callie's smile was genuine.



A glimpse of Bloods Lake on the way up.

Nearly to the summit.


Best be careful!  You never know when your sister's going to knock you off. 

Three cheers for friends and family.  I really am so grateful for all these women in my life.


Continuing our sisterly excursions, Callie and I don't always hike.  Sometimes we bike.  Turns out the trek up to the top of City Creek is pretty darn tough!  I hope she's forgiven me...


Given the chance, we'd even ride ponies, but it turns out we are too tall.  There's a sentence you don't hear the Andrus sisters say every day.

So, we let the kids ride instead.



Callie, thanks for all the fun fall adventures!  Now time to trade in our hiking boots for snow skis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted you both get in-person "sister time" now that you're in the same city. It is also a big blessing for both families to have cousins nearby!