Thursday, November 17, 2016

Grandeur Peak

We woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow--just enough to sprinkle winter magic through the neighborhood without making me shovel.  Lovely!

This first snowfall feels like it marks the beginning of winter.  Yikes!  Despite what the calendar says, I am not ready.  I haven't even switched out the summer clothes yet.  While I should probably stop procrastinating and take care of that pronto, I'm using a few precious minutes of nap time to post some photos instead.  After all, we can't be mingling all of these gorgeous fall colors with our sparkling snowy white.

These pictures were taken while hiking Grandeur Peak with Jason on Columbus Day.  He is absolutely loving working in the non-profit sector where he gets the occasional bank holiday to play. It was our first time exploring Millcreek Canyon, but certainly not our last.  So stunning! 


Annika, Mommy Kara, and the elephant backpack.

We encountered this cute waterfall right off the bat.  Don't stop yet--many more steps to go!


I don't think I will ever tire of these mountains.

Daddy and his little girl. 




After a fairly grueling climb, we finally made it the summit.  We were about to turn around early when our realtor texted to cancel an appointment, giving us just enough time to venture all the way to the top.


Challenging as the trip up was, I think the trip down was even harder since Jason had a sleeping Annika in his arms for most of the journey.

Dad of the year, right here.

And now to sort through clothes...

No comments: