Friday, November 10, 2017

Milkweed's Snow Birthday

Eli's not the only one in the family with a September birthday.  At the end of the month, I kicked off my last year as a thirty something.  To celebrate, Jason took me for a short hike up Millcreek canyon, blanketed with the first snow of the season.  Plus, my preschool class sang to me and gave me a snazzy crown.

Sure love this man!

There's something magical about quaking aspens...

...and snow-covered bridges.

While Jason, Annika, and I were hiking, the rest of our kiddos were performing with the International Children's Choir.  Their first performance of the season was for the United Nations of Utah.

This year, Talia decided to swap gymnastics for choir to sing with her siblings.  Brooklyn's costume this year is from El Salvador, Eli kept the same one from Poland, and Talia's happens to be from Poland as well.  Don't they look snazzy?

The fact that they all match is nothing more than a fortunate coincidence.

And just because they are amusing, here are a couple of bloopers.  Eli, why are you sniffing Brookyn's armpit?

Last but not least, the photo bomber.

Listening to my munchkins sing was the perfect ending to a lovely, simple birthday.  When we got home, they saw our pictures from Millcreek and decided they wanted to play in the September snow as well.  Here they are a few days later, playing in the final vestiges of the storm.  Snowball fight!

Better watch out, Eli.


Talia aims...

fires...

...and blasts her target!
Fun times all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that there is something magical about quaking aspens — but it your beautiful family also works magic within the many wholesome activities you engage. For example, the international children’s choir. I do think the costumes are beautiful too.