Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Life's Little Things

Seeing as to how it's November, it's definitely time for a photo clean-up.  After all, I've got pictures from August in here! More importantly, I love how these pictures capture life's little moments.

It just doesn't get sweeter than this.

I think the tooth fairy may be in arrears.

Right before school started, Eli got his very first professional haircut.

Lookin' handsome, young man!

The only thing better than an uncle who lives down the street is a bubble-blowing uncle who lives down the street.

I picked up this kiddie pool for a dollar at Walmart.  It's since been retired for the season, but it was fun while it lasted.

And now for the Annie photo deluge.  Believe it or not, I don't love her any more than my other children.  She just has a ton more pictures because every time I turn around she looks hilarious and I have to capture the moment.

Some moments are less appropriate than others.

This traditional dance costume comes all the way from Brazil.  Aunt Callie bought it years ago, and Annie decided she needed to give it a twirl.

Peek-a-boo!  Where'd Annie go?

Forever a monkey.  Truth to be told, I have nightmares about this little gal falling.

Of course, it doesn't help when my kids leave freaky things like this lying around the house.  Are everybody's kids this weird?

On safer but slimier ground, here she is collecting snails on the way to the school bus stop.

Every creeping thing is immediately a best friend.  Speaking of which, I have to watch the front door carefully because if she sees a furry friend walk by, she will immediately dart out and shout "Can I pet your dog?"

She likewise takes good care of the plants near Jason's work.

Despite the fact that I keep asking her not to, Annie is definitely growing up.  Here she is on her first day of Pre-K at Washington Elementary.

Annika adores her teacher, Ms. Celsea.  At least once a week, she will wake up in the morning and tell me about a good dream that she had about her preschool teacher.  (Yesterday it was all about marrying her classmate Archer while Ms. Celsea was there.)  She carpools every day with her friend Jefferson, who she's dubbed Jeffro.  Picking up their morning breakfast always takes a little extra time because if Annika grabs a purple milk, Jefferson insists on getting a green one, or vice versa.  They are too funny!  This morning Jefferson explained that boys make grumpy clouds that make it snow while girls make happy clouds that pop rainbows.

Anyway, during preschool orientation, the early childhood program mentioned that they were desperately looking for more help in the classroom.  I thought long and hard about the situation--after all, for twelve years I'd eagerly anticipated having a bit of "me" time once all the kids were in school.   In the end, I decided to help out, so I now work every morning in the three year old classroom with Ms. Patricia.  While a small piece of me laments the sacrifice, I mostly enjoy this new job, especially since it conforms so well to our family's crazy schedule.

Preschool and play leave our little Annie all worn out.  As you can see, she likes to sleep in confined spaces...

...or in her sister's lingerie.

The absolute craziest is how she sleeps in laundry baskets.  On multiple occasions we have gone in to check on her, only to find this...

...or this.
Man, life is a barrel of laughs!

Awake once more, here's Annie enjoying some sibling play time.  Eli is glad to have a friend to train as a future engineer.


When Annie does the training, the result is messier.  When she and Ruby get together, it's double the fun and double the trouble.  Annika invariably talks Ruby into putting on a swimsuit, and then the mischief begins.  On this day, they climbed all the way up to Talia's top bunk and dumped out two containers of sand art.  Busted!


Last but not least, here are all the Wheeler munchkins enjoying some time in our little backyard.

Here's to flipping with joy for life's little moments.

2 comments:

Crys said...

Oh my goodness, they even bent thr leg of that doll back in a weird position. Those kids are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Little things do mean a lot! Many of these photos prove that point. I’m a bit partial to Annie’s laundry basket bed photos! She is such free spirit.