Thursday, August 28, 2014

Three's Company

The best part about living minutes off of I-80 is that occasionally you get company!

Okay, okay, so my sister Callie didn't just happen to be passing through.  Even so, we were thrilled to have her spend a week and a half with us at the beginning of August.  Here's a picture of the beautiful gal while at Stokes for her birthday dinner.

My cousin Betsy also came to visit in August.  She's a writer who received funding to travel to Nebraska City and let her creative juices flow for three weeks.  Fortunately, she was able to make a couple side trips to Omaha for inspiration as well.  Here she is with my father at the Kanesville Tabernacle. 
Years ago, my Dad was heavily involved with the rebuilding of the Kanesville tabernacle--an extremely challenging yet worthwhile project.
The gardens were beautiful!

I love how this sculpture captures the strength of the early pioneer women.

Last but not least, some great friends from our Illinois days stopped through Omaha during their move out to Rhode Island.
The kids enjoyed playing together both inside...

...and out.

As I looked at this great picture, I had to chuckle and imagine what it would have been like to see this photo when we first moved to the U of I nine years ago.  Not only would I have collapsed at the sight of so many munchkins, I probably couldn't have guessed which kids would eventually go with which parents.

Life certainly is unpredictable, but in great ways.  Thanks for the visits!

No comments: