Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blurring the Line between Service and Fun

One of the highlights of our Christmas season was trying to do a bit more service as a family. When all the leaves dropped from our neighbor's tree overnight, we knew we had the perfect project.
Talia and Brooklyn both told me how they never knew that service could be such fun!
Our tiny elf Eli was happy for a while...
...until his poor little hands started to freeze.
The job was bigger than we first realized, so we felt grateful when some friends, the Buttles, stopped by with willing hands.
While the light faded quickly, there's always time for playing in the leaves.
The essence of childhood bliss.
So what are your favorite ways to serve?

4 comments:

Susie said...

You guys are so great to teach your children things that will help them be unselfish and wonderful adults!

Brian and Tonya said...

How fun. Hmmm, my favorite way to serve? Well, I think you just gave me a gentle reminder of what I need to do in my life.

Julie L said...

Oh, what a great opportunity for all of you! Looks so fun. Cold. But fun. St. George definitely has a different climate than we do, however. Our leaves dropped a couple of months ago.

Norma H said...

Love those pictures, & what a great service project! And here I thought you only had palm trees!! Ha!