Monday, March 14, 2011

Valentine's 2011

I'm hopelessly behind on posting pictures, so before St. Patrick's Day arrives, I thought I'd at least try to capture Valentine's Day 2011.

We started the day off with heart-shaped "Papa Cancakes," as Talia likes to call them. Loaded with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, they were well-received by the smallish crowd.

In the late afternoon, Jason and I dropped Talia and Brooklyn off at "Adventure World" care center for a couple of hours, thanks to a sweet coupon. Their baby room was full, so Eli stayed with us as we explored nearby Pioneer Park for a while.

Climbing up.

Peek-a-boo!

I see you, too.

Looking out towards Zion...

...and views of the valley below.

Aren't my boys handsome?

Thanks to a skilled photographer, the same pose and the same light can look like this...

...or this!

Rose petals marked our path. (Wish I could say I planned it, but we surely enjoyed someone else's great idea.)

And of course, in keeping with Valentine's Day, we tried to take a couple photo, blurry as it may be.

All in all, it was a lovely day.

May every day be Valentine's, where we cherish those around us.

3 comments:

Julie L said...

Oh, Kara, what a delightful day for the two (er, three) of you! The pictures are great. Jason will have to teach me how to get the great shots with the bright background and shadowed foreground. I love the pictures of you. I usually end up just photoshopping to correct all my mistakes. And I thought the couple photo at the end was perfect! But the silhouette you got of Jason and Eli with the setting sun - well, that's a classic. Well done.

Susie said...

Love the gorgeous photos!

candice said...

Great pictures. Man, I love those red rocks!