Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time for Tots

Talia started preschool today!

Three minutes down the road from Brooklyn's school, they are hosting a "Time for Tots" preschool at a local park. Drop-off times are five minutes apart, so the scheduling is perfect. The program seems well-organized and fun, and Talia had a fabulous first day. I'm still amazed that the weather is consistently nice enough to meet outside at a park (although there is an alternate location, just in case...).

The best part about "Time for Tots" is that twice a week I'll have a little more Time for Mom. Eli and I enjoyed the morning by driving five minutes farther up the road to hike around Snow Canyon State Park.

While we still miss Illinois, life in St. George is also good--
--very good.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Kara! I haven't commented much, but I have been reading. It seems like things are going well for you there. I'm so glad! I think I could totally live somewhere like SG and be happy. Maybe the only day I would miss the cold would be Christmas. How fun you can be outdoors basically all year round! Although I won't envy you come summer.

Also... I wanted to tell you a LONG time ago that I bet Brooklyn was just as thrilled if not more so, about getting school lunch than Jack was about his packed lunch I made. School lunch! What a novelty! I remember my brown bag lunches seemed so lame compared to the kids who got to stand in line to get theirs. I was always jealous. Guess my kids will have to suffer as I did though because we are brown baggers for sure!

Anonymous said...

Tally Wally (aka "Reddi Wip" looks like a very happy tot indeed. Is it true that "Snow Canyon" is named after Lorenzo Snow? I suspect real snow is scarce to non-existent in the canyon even in January. Bye, Bye