Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Quote of the Week

Domestic goddess that I am, I was heating up the iron on Sunday morning when Brooklyn posed the following question.

Brooklyn: Mom, do you actually know how to use that thing?

Meanwhile Jason, who was listening in from the bathroom, suppressed chuckles and chortles.

What can I say? I have better things to do with my life than slave over an ironing board. Or a curling iron. Half the time I don't even bother with a blow dryer. On the positive side, I do strive to regularly acquaint myself with my toothbrush... :)

4 comments:

Megan Ficek said...

Irons are terribly dangerous. People could be burned! Better to hide them in a deep dark closet, especially if you have young children in the house.

Susie said...

My method for years has been to hang the shirts and let gravity do its job! Lightly spraying the shirts with water from a spray bottle and a quick swipe with the fingers seems to do the trick, too. In other words, our iron has seen more of the closet than daylight! In fact, it's almost 35 yrs. old!!

Tiffany said...

Wow, sounds like you just described me perfectly! Sometimes I think Quinn irons his shirts more than I do.

Anonymous said...

Since I'm anonymous, and occasionally unnecessarily critical, I have a modest "ironing" suggestion for your blog's subtitle. Perhaps the "Illinois" wrinkle should be ironed out? This is not a big deal though ... I happen to love Illinois as much as Utah. They are both wonderful places, but the landscape of Utah includes more wrinkles ... and less natural humidity to naturally iron the wrinkles out.