Saturday, July 03, 2010

Love from Afar

Jason, Eli, and I are all in Las Vegas this early morning. We flew in last night after I finished teaching so that we could go house hunting in St. George over the Fourth of July weekend. Eli was a perfect angel on the plane. Not only did he sleep the entire way, but we had an empty seat next to us that we were able to turn into a mini-bed. A stroke of pure fortune--I think it was the only empty seat on the entire aircraft. :)

In the meantime, Papa Kay is watching the girls, having driven all day yesterday to get to Illinois. We are so blessed to have wonderful family that goes to such great lengths (and distances) to help us. As far as I can tell, the girls are having a marvelous time with Grandpa. They went straight from dropping us off at the airport in Bloomington to spend Friday night at the Children's Museum.

What's surprises me, however, is how much I miss the girls already. Often I get so caught up in the day to day stress that I fail to recognize and acknowledge how remarkable my daughters are. I am so very proud of the confident, bright, sensitive, and articulate young women they are becoming.

Brooklyn and Talia, we love you! Our hearts will be with you for every family hug and family star.

2 comments:

Jenika said...

We missed you at church! The girls were adorable with their grandfather. Talia was asleep in his lap when I glanced over. Precious!

Brittney Richards said...

Talia told me at the Johnson's BBQ last night that she missed her mommy and wanted to see her mommy again. She believed me when I told her that her mommy missed her too.