Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Fairy Garden on T Street

As a girl who grew up reading Penny Pincher magazine (a gift subscription from my Scotch great-uncle Fred), it was difficult for me to consider a house in the Avenues.  They're expensive.  Fortunately, springtime reminds me why we splurged.  I love the walkability.

Especially now that the weather is warmer and days are longer, I cherish the half mile walk to the bus stop.

These walks are good for both body and soul as they give me a chance to connect with my kids.  Plus, it's fun to see all the different old homes.

Given our neighborhood's grid layout, we can choose from a dozen different routes to school.  Most days, the kids choose to walk along "T" Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues, just so they can check out the fairy garden.  This adorable yard display changes with the seasons.  Over the past year, we've surreptitiously snapped photos of our favorite scenes.  Someday I will garner enough courage to knock on the front door and tell the owners family how much we enjoy their miniature garden.  In the meantime, enjoy the fruits of our spying.

Valentine's Day


St. Patrick's Day (We've photographed this one twice now.)



Mother's Day

Fourth of July

Pioneer Day

Halloween


Thanksgiving

Christmas

Brighton must have been so inspired by this abominable snowman that they sculpted one just like it.
Just doing our best to keep Salt Lake weird.

4 comments:

Crys said...

My sister lives in the avenues...an apartment and everytime I'm there and I see a stop trump sign or save bear ears I want to cry and hug someone. The homes are lovely.

Kara said...

Crystal, next time you are in the Avenues, come visit! We'd love to see you.

Crys said...

I need to! The hard thing about living closer is we come for these super short trips now instead of staying a week, we stay a weekend. But this summer I need to make some time to see friend!!!

Susie said...

Those fairy gardens are adorable!