Monday, June 07, 2010

Pooper Scooter

Eli’s been sort-of-scooting for a while now. He’s pretty good at propelling himself backwards (albeit unintentionally), as well as swiveling on the fulcrum of his tummy to move from side to side. To crawl forward, he’s adopted this strange snake-like motion where he thrusts his large noggin forward and lets it flop, after which he inches the rest of his body along. I’ve questioned the efficacy of this motion, and doubted whether or not he actually moved anywhere. That is, until this morning when I heard Brooklyn shout:

“Ew! Eli pooped all over the floor!”

Sure enough, when I went to clean up, I discovered a trail of mess that spanned a surprising distance. In the end, I guess it was the diaper and not the crawling that proved to be “less effective.”

1 comment:

Chou said...

Wow! What resourcefulness. :)