Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Mouth is Happy!

When you are pregnant, it's pretty common to have cravings. In my case, I don't crave much, but what I do crave is rather unusual: sushi. Unfortunately for me, the whole raw fish thing is rather discouraged when you are expecting. The truth is, however, that I don't really care much about the fish--what I really want is the wasabi. Mmmm, wasabi... I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Despite my cravings, I've gone this entire pregnancy without a lick of this intense Japanese horseradish. Then two days ago I discovered that Blue Diamond sells wasabi and soy sauce covered almonds--hooray! I roll the almonds around on my tongue to savor all of that bold, clear-out-your-sinuses wasabi punch, then lick my fingers to get any last kick I may have missed. Oh yes, my mouth is happy!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Ya, I found those about a month ago, and dang they're good. If you eat a bunch without cleaning your hands, and then lick your fingers off, it's quite the wasabi punch ;)