Monday, May 11, 2009

Pregnancy Musings

Even though today was a beautiful day, the girls and I never made it to the park this afternoon. The thought of lugging Talia up the stairs to our third floor apartment afterward was simply more than this tired Mom could manage.

*****************************************************************

The Top 3 List of Awkward Belly Moments:

3) Every time I spill, it lands on my bulge instead of my lap. I don't even bother with a napkin anymore.
2) My belly gets soaked from leaning over the wet sink every time I do the dishes. This means I'm damp pretty much all day long.
1) I now have an even harder time reaching the top cupboards. Now that the horizontal dimension is increasing, I have to span across the hypotenuse instead of just vertically.

****************************************************************************

Dinner when Dad's not home:

Me: Girls, it's time to fix dinner.
(Brooklyn and Talia automatically head for the fridge. Brooklyn brings a couple of yogurts to the table. Talia proudly gets out a great big jar of pickles. I, in turn, set out a tupperware full of leftover spinach mostaccioli that I don't even bother trying to heat up.)
Me: Good enough. Who wants to pray?

4 comments:

The Favorite said...

That sounds like an excellent dinner. Congrats on the 6 years! It seems like yesterday... you're the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Milkweed! By Friday morning I'll arrive to happily "lug" little Redi-Whip and/or Buttermilk up the three stories of stairs. We are going to have a great time together! Please do not make any advance preparations for me, I'm a low maintenance, non-judgmental, house guest who wants to be a net giver in terms of time, talent, and treasure (You can blog instead ... I agree with others--your blog is not an addiction; it is a helpful, unselfish, uplifting blessing and habit) However, don't expect me to remember and apply the Pythagorean theorem just to reach the Nutella jar on the top shelf of your cupboard. I haven't heard the word "hypotenuse" since watching the straw man on the Wizard of Oz (Although my brain may be as forgetful has his--let's see "The square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.") ... Anyway, keep smiling! ... "help is on the way!" ... with apologies to John Kerry's old, lame, ineffective campaign slogan. Bye, Bye.

Tanja said...

Where can I get a Dad like this?
You are blessed!!!!

Justin said...

I love your Dad's comments. He needs to start a blog too. :) And that dinner sounds like the meals when I cook. Except I stop at the pickles.