Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Post #28: The Appearance of Love

Love has many different appearances. Today, love looked like a woman in sneakers boarding the bus while pushing a stroller with a baby. Not just any stroller, of course, but a baby doll stroller stuffed with a really ugly, big doll. You know, the scary kind of doll with the eyelids that open and shut, but where one eye is always open and the other half-closed--terrifying.

Unfortunately, as you probably guessed, I was the woman on the bus. Several weeks ago Talia fell in love with this stroller at a second-hand store far from our home. Loving mother that I am, I went back to purchase it for her birthday (the ugly doll was included). The trip on the way out was peaceful and enjoyable, but I blushed the whole way back as I endured the sideways glances and hushed remarks about a grown woman toting a baby doll and carriage.

Maybe this is the real reason why love is not vain…

No comments: