On Day 9 of our adventures in Spain, I woke up and immediately grabbed my phone so I could take a picture of the gorgeous surroundings. Unfortunately, I had the camera lens flipped the wrong way. Let's just say that I'm not nearly as beautiful as the scenery of Ortiguero, particularly first thing in the morning!
Now that you've all had a good laugh at my expense, here's what I saw out our windows.
Jason was already hard at work (or perhaps he'd never gone to bed?) Either way, I absolutely adore how he naturally adopts this stance when he gets into full-on drafting mode. Can't you just see eight year-old Jason playing legos on the floor the same way?
The most spacious of our AirBnbs, this lovely home had a spacious kitchen.
Simple on the outside, but perfect for our needs.
Judging by the signage, I think this home also accommodates pilgrims hiking el Camino de Santiago.
Good morning, Eli!
More pretty views.
Before long, I decided to set out for a run to explore more. After all, it's not every day I get to run to the dissonant harmonies of cowbell. Plus ponies.
Best of all, there was a bench to sit and relax under the shade of a tree at the top.
Stopping off for groceries on the way home. We definitely economized during our Spanish adventure by preparing most of our own food.
Later that day we headed out on an adventure to canoe the Sella with AipolAventura. They boasted having the longest river ramp start. Paddles up!
It was the perfefct activity for a hot day.
Brooklyn and Eli were in sync!
Talia and Annika? Well, Talia was super strong and Annika chose to float along most of the time. Sometimes she was even inside the kayak.
Taking a break for a little bit of rock jumping.
Sorry ladies, the handsomest one is mine. :)
Skipping rocks near the final pull-out. Eli and Jason are masterful!
No comments:
Post a Comment