Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Gone Too Soon

Going through my photo roll this evening made me feel a bit melancholy.  (Thinking about photos in general is depressing at the moment.  Our external hard drive containing the last couple years of family photos started malfunctioning, so I tried to back up pictures from our desktop to a second external hard drive containing family photos all the way back to when we got married  Now the second, super-duper-important external hard drive isn't working either.  While I'm glad to have pictures on this blog, I'm still so discouraged.)

On a happier note, back to the photos that I do have, I found these snapshots of the kids.



 

Awww.  Skiing ended too soon.  We weren't ready to say goodbye to the season.  Even if Annika was a stinker at times, our family loved heading up to the slopes every Saturday.  It is painful to look up at our snow-capped mountains and think of all that fresh powder going to waste.


Speaking of powder, Jason got to go winter camping over Valentine's Day with the 16 & 17 year-old youth in our stake. 


They had a glorious time making igloos and digging out snow mounds.








 


I'm hoping this chilly campout becomes a tradition so our kids can participate in the future.  Apparently the igloos stay fairly warm--40 degrees fahrenheit.  In the meantime, all of our prayers that this pandemic subsides quickly.  Like the ski season, may COVID-19 be gone, and soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Covid-19 has already caused a world full of problems. Be gone! And please don’t morph into anything else destructive!