Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Showering with a Spackle Bucket

What an unusual time we live in!   As evidence, yesterday I showered with a spackle bucket.

 Since our family eats a lot of rice, I picked up a 50 pound bag while at the Asian Market, thinking it would store well.  I wanted to move it into a 5 gallon pail, just like the ones you usually find in huge stacks at Home Depot for $5 a piece.  Well, given our recent world circumstances, there's been a huge run on buckets.  I guess everyone else wants to store things too.  Home Depot wasn't selling them within a 100 mile radius, and I was too cheap to pay $25 for one online. 

Fortunately, we had a large spackle bucket that was nearly empty.  Jason scraped out the excess and got most of the spackle out with a garden hose.  It was then up to me to finish the job.  Rather than scrub it outside in the chilly spring weather, I decided to finish cleaning it out while taking a nice hot shower.  Weird?  Definitely.  But what can I say?  These are highly unusual times.

So what's the strangest thing you've done during this time of social distancing, quarantine, and isolation?

No comments: