Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Since we detailed the lives of each our children, I suppose it should share a little bit about what Jason and I were up to this spring.

Hey, we went on a date!  Here we are all dressed up for the Green and Gold Banquet.

Many thanks to the awesome couples from our world who helped put it all together.


Jason had a birthday.  The kids were delighted when we celebrated with a colossal sundae from Bucca di Beppo.


We celebrated Father's Day in Hyde Park with Grandpa Charles.  We are so grateful for the Dads in our lives.

While in Hyde Park, we went for a walk...


 ...to feed the goats.
  

Who do they belong to?  The Suisses of course.  Vedeckis family, you might recognize these friendly faces.

For Jason and I, spring was pretty intense at work.  Jason took on a studio class at the U and I was swamped with AP and IB testing.  There were lots of early mornings and late nights as we gave nearly 3000 exams.

But the view of the sunrise from West is incredible.

This spring we got to witness the sealing of a friend and neighbor, Ian Hazel.  Congrats, Ian and Kelly!  (And what's up, Rulon?)

I love how Ian played accordion at his reception.

Plus, if I ever have to decorate the church building in a major way, I might steal this idea.


Speaking of weddings, Jason and I celebrated our own anniversary by attending an O.C. Tanner concert at the Conference center, featuring both the Salt Lake Symphony and Tabernacle Choir as they celebrated the sesquicentennial year of the Golden Spike.  My favorite part?  The rooftop fireworks display.
You walked in an my heart went Boom.  Sixteen years of marriage and still fireworks.  Love you, Peanut Butter!

No comments: