Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Easter 2019

I'm happily sitting on the waterfront at Lake George right now, having spent the morning water skiing with my cousins, sister, husband, and kids.  Jason and Eli are out sailing on the sunfish while the others are inside grabbing lunch.  Zoe is watching all the boats come in and out with great concern while Alesia plays with Anders on the dock.  Papa Kay is next to me, occasionally beckoning the kids to come closer by rattling his box of tic tacs.  All in all, life is good.

Internet service out here is pretty patchy, but since I seem to be momentarily connected, I thought I'd share some photos from another moment when life was good.  Here's our clan during Easter 2019.  

I hope my kids never want to stop dying Easter eggs.  For me, it just wouldn't be Easter without them.



This one reminds me of southern Utah's red rocks.

The minion was more successful than our sugar crystals.

Easter morning.  Lucky for us, the Easter bunny was right on time.

The most memorable Easter present was a cup of caterpillars.  Absolutely perfect for our bug lovin' girl.

All dressed up for church.

Aw, our house looks pretty cute with its daffodils and ivy.  Despite all the imperfections, it does feel like home.

Jason must have already been at church meetings since it was Brooklyn who hopped out to take the photo so I could hop in.

Talia took this next set of flower pictures.  I adore her artistic eye.




Meanwhile, Annika found some more "friends."  She collects snails by the dozens until Jason rehouses them in the compost bin.  Hopefully they enjoy their new home at the dump.

After church, we headed up to Logan to have Easter dinner with Grandma Susie and Grandpa Charles.  Dinner was so amazing that I forgot to take a picture of it, but at least I have a couple from our Easter egg hunt.


Afterward we walked over to the Suisse's to meet Dave's baby goats.

Annika was in heaven.

Our Easter was simple: family, friends, friend, and a church service filled with beautiful music.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: