Friday, April 04, 2008

A Different Answer

So our family went on a nice little outing to fill the car with gas today (in the process we spent our life's inheritance, but that's a story for another day.) I thought I'd share our conversation with Brooklyn in the backseat.

Brooklyn: Can I play with Mommy's camera?
Daddy: No.
Brooklyn: Please?
Daddy: I'm sorry, no.
Brooklyn: Pleeeeeaaaaase?
Daddy: I already gave you an answer.
Brooklyn: Give me a different answer.

The dialogue sure made me chuckle. Yet when I stopped to think about it, I realized that I often do the same thing. How many times have I prayed and been given an answer, only to turn around and ask God to please give me a different answer because His didn't suit my fancy. Maybe I need to trust that since earthly parents generally know what's best, Heavenly parents probably do too.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Brianna does that to me too...haha.
Good post.