Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Post-Christmas Ski Fun

Busy, busy, busy!  Why so busy you say?  Well, for one, I started a new job yesterday.  I'm going to be working as a newborn hearing screener for Intermountain Healthcare.  So excited!  I wasn't sure I was going to get the position though, so I started working on necessary qualifications for an alternative job offer at the University of Utah as a patient care technician (CNA) in neuro-acute care.  This means I jumped right into a CNA certification course.  Half online, half in-person, I have my first of four "live" classes today from 8-5:30 pm.  Add in pathophysiology and all the other things going on in our busy lives, and it is just craziness.  Oh, plus it doesn't help that today is an asynchronous day of school, basically meaning that the kids stay home and do packet work for no real reason.  Blech.

Busy as I may be, I'm not too busy to post a few pictures of our second ski day with the Wilhoits.  So fun!  Here are Eila and Anders getting ready to ride the Explorer Lift.  (It may be a short ride, but the line can be SO long!)

Hanging with my favorite nephew.

Jason has this ski instructor thing down pat.  The Wilhoit kids both did so well!  On the last run of the day, Eila came all the way down Majestic (the "real" mountain) by herself without falling!  We were especially impressed by their great attitudes despite the blizzard conditions.

Uncle Justin and Ruby met up with us for our snowy slope adventures.  Justin even brought his camp stove so that we could grill some dogs!  The blowing snow simply added ambiance.


Frozen but happy.


Jason's Sonos speaker totally cracks me up.  Rain or shine, gotta have tunes!

Freshly grilled dawgs never tasted so good.  Thanks to all for another great day at Brighton!

No comments: