Sunday, May 05, 2019

Moab

I just realized that I didn't blog once during April.  Looking back through the blogroll, the last time I skipped a month entirely was in 2013 when we spent July on Long Island.  The good news is that we plan on being in New York again this July.  The bad news is that I'm super behind on old posts.

Case in point: Moab.  Turns out Jason was in Moab just a few days ago for work.  But these Moab pictures were taken all the way back in February when I accompanied him on a different whirlwind trip.  Our stay in Moab may have been extremely brief, but it was still wonderful to get away together.  

These first pictures were taken along the Black Dragon Canyon Trail, near Green River.  

This was the perfect spot to reconnect since we were the only souls around for miles.

Way deep into the canyon, we found this abandoned chassis and were puzzled.  How in the world did it get there? 


Early the next morning, we went for a sunrise hike up to Delicate Arch.


It was pretty magical having the entire arch all to ourselves.


From some angles, it hardly seems possible that the arch is still standing.

My handsome hubby.  Love this man to the waning moon and back.

Even though the final section of the trail was icy, we didn't have trouble navigating it on our way up.  The way down, however, was a totally different story.  Both Jason and I struggled in our bald running shoes.  Between the two of us, I think we fell six times, if not more.  Adding to the embarrassment was my clumsy slip right in front of the only person we encountered during our two hours on the trail.  I'm just grateful no one was seriously injured.


Dawn breaking over Arches National Park.
We felt so blessed to witness this sparkling new day.  Moments like these help you remember how marvelous this world really is.

No comments: