A post about "nesting" seems strangely out of place now that our baby girl is earthside. At this point, preparation is rather irrelevant because ready or not, she already came.
Fortunately, the nesting bug hit early and strong. More than with any other pregnancy, I found myself filled with a sudden desire to pull my act together and get organized. With Brooklyn and Talia, I was still a student so nesting looked pretty much like the conclusion of any other semester--a mad flurry of paper writing, group projects, and other major assignments. With Eli, by the time he showed up a week after his due date, any nesting energy had long since petered out, replaced instead by an unwilling tutorial in patience.
So even though Annika arrived eleven days early, I managed to pull together a few projects before she came. This one's my favorite:
Gathering all the materials was more complex (and pricey) than I anticipated. I found the super-strong magnets on e-bay, ordered the tins online twice because the first set was completely the wrong size, and took two trips to Staples to get something that would work for the labels. Despite the hassle, I'm really pleased with the result. Far less cupboard-leaping around here. :)