Friday, August 20, 2010

Real News Coming Soon

It's well past my bedtime, but I couldn't go to sleep without regaining touch with my blog. There's so much to tell, but even more living to do, so pardon the tardy recollections. Hopefully I will start posting again soon. In the meantime, here's an amuse-bouche to whet your appetite for good things to come.

Since our last post, we...

-purchased our first home
-spent a week in Nebraska with my parents, sister, cousin, and canine-niece
-endured a 30 hour car trip to our new residence to St. George, Utah
-sent my sister and her husband off to New Zealand for a year
-enrolled Brooklyn in a dual immersion Spanish-English kindergarten

...and that's just a beginning!

In terms of how the majority of our time has been spent these past weeks, it can be summed up pretty easily:

Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Pack. Heft. Heft. Heft. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. Unpack. (And we're still not done...)

I'm giddily playing "house" in our new home, but my goodness, moving is so exhausting that we may have to stay here forever.

No comments: