Thursday, March 11, 2010

100 Donuts Down

Both Brooklyn and Talia have told me this last week, "Mommy, your tummy is getting smaller!" (Smile, smile.) Of course, Brooklyn immediately followed her compliment with: "I think it's as small it's going to get."

Not quite ideal, but quite possibly true. Either way, I'm happy with progress. Taking off the pregnancy weight has been a lot of work. I've discovered that I don't have much willpower when it comes to dieting, but I have been able to make healthier food choices in general. Our family has incorporated lots of fiber and many more fruits and veggies into our diet--a lifestyle change we plan to keep.

The real key, however, to my shrinking tummy has been moving more. Since starting to track my exercise in December, I've burned the equivalent of 103 donuts. (Visit dailymile.com if you want your own donut counter.) :) Having consumed only three donuts in that same time frame, I'm 100 donuts ahead. Yippee!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is a very Homer Simpsonesque way to measure calories burned!