Monday, December 24, 2007

This holiday season we had the wonderful experience of making gingerbread houses together as a family. It was really quite fascinating to see how the same raw materials of graham crackers, icing, and candy transformed to reflect our unique personalities.


My sister-in-law, the culinary goddess, naturally created a picture perfect winter wonderland that hinted towards her love of European culture.


Jason, our resident architect, whipped out this incredible, Frank Lloyd Wright-esque model that has since served as inspiration for the design of our future dream house. He aspires to run the home off of solar power. I'll be happy as long as we have a dishwasher.


As for me, well, I'd like to say that my model reflects my love of the outdoors and camping. The truth is that I couldn't construct anything more structurally complex than a tent.


As for the secret within the outhouse, however, it definitely reflected my current obsession with potty training... Fortunately, we've finally had success.


Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Hope all is well - wish I could see you this Christmas, but maybe sometime soon!

Jeannette said...

Those are some pretty amazing gingerbread houses. And I love your family picture. You guys are adorable!

Kristin said...

Hey look at that super cute family!

Awesome gingerbread houses.

Hope you are all doing well!

Erin said...

Love it. Merry Christmas, a little late:)