Sunday, March 21, 2021

Over a Year, but there's a Light

 It's hard to believe that we are more than a year in.  It was Friday the 13th of March 2020 when they made an announcement over the intercom at West High that school would be cancelled for the next two weeks.  The crazy thing is, I kind of believed it.  I thought we would be back.

A year later, and Brooklyn and Talia are still doing school from home.  West is holding in-person classes for those who wish to participate, but our girls have chosen to play it safe for now.  As for myself, I've changed tack completely and may not be back at West for a long time, if ever.  

A year ago we missed celebrating Jason's 40th birthday.  I remember thinking how we would throw him an epic 41st party to make up for it.  A year later, and we're still not ready for that giant party.  

But...there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  Jason, Brooklyn, and I are all scheduled to get our first vaccine on March 25th!  Never before have I been so excited about a jab.  So while it's not the party we dreamed of, if it means a path back to normalcy, this could be the best birthday ever.  We love you, Peanut Butter!

2 comments:

Kay said...

So grateful you are scheduled to receive a Covid-19 vaccination. We are all blessed to have this remedy available.

Susie said...

Right? Many of us thought this would be short lived! Charles asked me if I was excited the day I was heading out to get my shot ☘️ and without hesitation it was an emphatic “Yes, I am!” Ready to comfortably be together with all my loved ones again without having to calculate the risk involved. Not that life doesn’t have risks, but this has been a big one staring us in the face. What a wonderful birthday gift for Jason! Glad you get to join in on the fun with him that day! 🧪