Sunday, February 02, 2020

She's Better Than You, Babe. Or is it Gorgeous.

Yesterday most of our family headed up to Brighton for a beautiful day of skiing.  We missed Brooklyn, but she was busy competing in Science Olympiad.

There may not have been fresh powder, but the snow was still good, and I loved the sunshine and warmth.

Eli and Talia, waiting at the lift for the rest of our group.  These two love to ski fast!


As for Annika, she adores skiing through the trees, and is pretty darn good at it too.  As she was nimbly navigating down a steep slope, I was a bit hesitant following after her.  A man called out, "She's better than you, babe!  That girl has no fear."

I'm not quite sure how I feel about being called Babe, but found it amusing nonetheless

Jason similarly had a recent catcall experience.  As he was biking to his studio class (he teaches adjunct in the spring), a homelesss woman called out, "Biking sure is doing amazing things to your body.  You're gorgeous!"

Agreed.  Now to all women in the world, hands off my man.  ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, Oh -- my catcall receipts are far in my rear view mirror. They're inappropriate of course. But ... I liked your honest post any way. Keep Smiling!

Susie said...

Love the pictures and the dialogue!