Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sharing and Caring

About 2:30 am last night, a three year-old bundle quietly slipped into our bed, hoping to go unnoticed. I groaned, rolled over, and started to explain how this was Mommy and Daddy's bed. All of a sudden Brooklyn started to sob uncontrollably. Between cries she said, "But Mom, we have to share!" Even in the midst of my grogginess, I couldn't help but grin and roll my eyes at her logic. If anyone has any suggestions on how to explain the difference to a three year-old, please share (no pun intended).

5 comments:

Jason said...

Maybe the best thing to do would be to have her dad try and explain the difference...

Crys said...

Was her dad awake to explain, Jason? My Jason almost never used to wake up. Ez learned that if he wanted to get into our bed find the side dad is on and sneak up there. For about three weeks he was in our bed every night. Now I'm not heartless. If it was just one night a month I wouldn't have a problem with it but when your child is sleeping with you more nights then not well that is when I think it has gone to far. So I said to my Jason, "Honey you have got to say something to him." The next night little Ez tried to sneak in again. Only this time Jason was ready for him. As soon as he got to the edge of the bed. Jason said in a very stern voice, "Boy go back to bed." Well Ez stood there for a minute, probably out of shock that his father was actually awake. So Jason repeated himself five or six times. Finally he went back to bed and so far has stayed. Honestly though I don't know how I would have responded to the whole share thing.

Justin said...

I think you need to share your 3 year old bundle with her uncle and aunt... :)

Chou said...

I'm with the cheese.

Summer said...

Several times I have awoken to Russell curled in a ball on my head!! I go crazy. He goes through phases luckily he's been sleeping in his bed for the last few weeks.