Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Papa Kay in Salt Lake

In mid-August, my wonderful father made the long trek from Omaha to Salt Lake with me so that I wouldn't have to drive it all on my own.  We sure packed a lot of fun into a few days of visit!  Here we are Sunday morning in the Conference Center at Music and the Spoken Word.

I feel so privileged that I can go and listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir pretty much any time I want.

On Monday we headed to West High School to get Brooklyn registered for classes.  She's now an official Panther (along with the the 2800 other kids in the student body.)

In the afternoon we headed up to Park City for some serious recreation.

Annika and Papa Kay, whatcha totin'?

Brooklyn and Talia, ready to slide into action.

Papa Kay, Eli, and Annie all look ready to launch.

This alpine slide is fantastic.  I remember riding it as a child; it was the absolute highlight of our family vacation.

Ta da!  Annika was a great sliding companion

Here we are at Liberty Park later that evening.

During the summer, the park features different cultural presentations on Monday nights.  We got to enjoy an evening of Indian dancing.

The next day we ventured to Wheeler Farm for the very first time.  Given the name, I sure hope we go back!

These tree carvings are seriously the coolest.  I have dreams for the future of the giant locust trunk in our back yard.

Moments after this picture was taken, the pink hat ended up in the stream.  Fortunately, we were able to retrieve it.


Every Nebraskan needs a photo with this Cornhusker.

Inside the farm, Annika enjoyed petting all the animals.  We thought this sheep would keep her attention a bit longer than it did, however.  I stepped away for just a little bit to listen to Papa Kay reminisce about his experiences as an Idaho farm boy,  When I turned around, Annika was gone.  We  immediately split up and starting searching in all directions.  You'll never guess where we found her.

Riding the cow tractor!  This mischievous gal hopped in one of the barrels while no one was watching and hitched a ride all the way around the pasture!  (Without paying, I might add.)  Worst of all, she totally got away with it.  We spotted her shortly after the ride took off, but there was nothing we could do but wait until the tractor circled back around.

Needless to say, we bought a token afterward so our miscreant could pay for her misdeed.

She even got to go for a hayrack ride with her Papa Kay, legitimately this time.

Fun times, all around.

Can't forget the rocket balloons!  I wonder how many times Papa Kay's rocket balloons are featured on this blog?  I found some in this post from 2012, but I'm sure there are many more.

Every trip to Salt Lake deserves a stroll around Silver Lake.


Thanks for coming to visit us, Papa Kay!
We hope there will be many more visits to come.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Very nice photo reminders Kara. I’ll long remember Annie’s self-help, freeloading cow train ride!