Sunday, September 24, 2017

Talia's Seattle Adventures

Part of the reason I'm hopelessly behind on this blog is because I now find myself chronicling not only my own life, but the separate adventures of my children as well.  Take Miss Talia, for example. In mid-July, this little gal traveled to Seattle, Washington all on her own!  

She went to Washington to be NomiAnn's helper while grandma and Adam watched Eila and Anders for three weeks.

Talia doesn't love this picture, but I still think it's cute.


Eila and Anders were hanging out with NomiAnn during the day because Callie was in her second year of a Master's program in Music Education at Central Washington University.  Over the weekends, they would drive the kids out to Ellensburg for some playtime with Mom. Talia loved her very first experience sleeping in a dorm.

Other fun memories: playing at the beach.

Definitely more rocks than sand, but still great

They also visited the Chihuly Museum of Glass.

The best part is watching how the glass is fired.

My cousin Alesia and her friend Dana joined the crew for a few days.  Together, they took a trip to Seattle to visit aquarium.  

I confess, I was kind of jealous, particularly after reading "The Soul of an Octopus."

Happy faces for a happy day.

The only unfortunate part of the trip was Talia's journey home.  Her stomach felt really upset so she ended up flying a home a day later.  We were so very glad when she finally arrived, looking sharp in the new skirt she made with NomiAnn.
Glad you could have such a wonderful adventure, Tally Wally! Next time we'll just have to come with you. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talia is such a great helper; she is quick to discern needs and provide the little ones assistance. Of course, I wasn't there in Seattle either but I've had enough interactions with Talia to know. Great, successful skirt sewing too! BTW: I forgot to discuss the "A Night Divided" book with you last week Talia. I finished listening to the audiobook version of the book and am happy to share my reflections on the book with you -- plus listen to yours. Give me a call, or an email to begin our review.