Sunday, February 27, 2011

Run Swim Bike Cook Wrap-Up

I'm kinda sleepy, but before hitting the sack, I wanted to wrap up Run Swim Bike Cook 2011.

To make a long story short, I finished. I've attempted RSBC in the past and conquered parts of the challenge, but this is the first time I've actually been able to complete everything.

According to dailymile (the online program I use to track workouts), during the month of February I ran 28 miles, swam 2.4, and biked 116. Whew! I was definitely challenged. While I'm not sure I'll ever manage to repeat this success, I'm grateful to have had good health and the motivation to keep going. It always feels rewarding to set a difficult goal and accomplish it.

As for this week's challenge, we adapted this Thai Red Bean Dessert slow cooker recipe to use the fresh coconut we got in our Bountiful Basket. I'll let the pictures tell the story:









Okay, I confess. Despite our best efforts, our homemade coconut milk turned out to be little more than coconut flavored water. Fortunately, I had purchased some canned coconut milk as a back-up. Overall, the dessert was tasty, although I would recommend using lite coconut milk and less sugar. I enjoyed topping ours with fresh coconut because it gave the pudding a bit of crunch. One of our daughters loved it because it was so sweet, while the other daughter called it both good and "unusual." I think she found the gelatinous texture to be rather strange. Personally, I enjoyed the mouth feel; it seemed simply, well, Asian.

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I am so impressed with all of you! And the recipe for the dessert??

Chou said...

Kara, I am sooooo excited that you finished! It is such a hard challenge, I've only made it through everything once. Thanks for playing along; I'm looking forward to hearing about your marathon triumph. :)